CES 2017, the world’s largest annual innovation event and exhibition, will be the place to see some of the hottest startups on the horizon.
In fact, ShowStoppers and the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) have announced the 12 semifinalists that have been selected to pitch to press and members of the investment community at ShowStoppers LaunchIt, the fifth annual official pitch event for startup companies during CES.
CES 2017 will take place January 5-8, 2017 in Las Vegas.
“ShowStoppers LaunchIt is a curated pitch event for 12 companies selected from the more than 600 young, innovative, transformative, and entrepreneurial startups exhibiting in Eureka Park, the home for startups at CES, where retailers, venture capitalists, manufacturers and others find entrepreneurs launching new products, services, apps and ideas,” reads a statement provided to MAW.
A panel of experienced Angel investors, venture capitalists, and journalists pre-screened the applications to select these semifinalists:
- Akoustic Arts — maker of a speaker that only a user can hear.
- Cosmo Connected — creator of connected helmets and smartphone app for motorbike users, cyclists, skiers (and other helmet sports).
- FoldiMate — inventor of patented technology for a robotic laundry folding machine.
- Good Parents — maker of Kiddo, which tracks key biometrics for children.
- HoloLamp — portable device for glasses and hands-free AR.
- In&Motion — creator of wearable smart protection systems to reduce injuries.
- Kino-mo — developer of hi-tech smart visual technologies.
- Nonda — maker of app-enabled connected-car devices.
- Parihug — electronically-connected teddy bears that let loved ones hug each other from a distance.
- REVINAX — virtual reality apps to transmit skills via immersive tutorials.
- TwinswHeel — inventor of a droid for e-commerce.
- WEZR — inventor of an all weather wearable tracker.