Skyhook is one of the world’s leading independent location platforms and this week the company announced its Skyhook Context 2.0 release.
“Using Wi-Fi signals and geospatial insights, Skyhook Context provides unprecedented location precision for marketers to engage with opted-in mobile consumers,” reads a statement emailed to MAW. “For retail brands, this highly accurate approach to geo-triggering increases foot traffic, drives consumer engagement and loyalty, validates advertising spend through foot-traffic measurement (attribution), and transforms location data into valuable customer analytics.”
This location marketing is becoming increasingly critical.
According to BIA Kelsey, geo-targeted mobile advertising sales are expected to rise to $32.4 billion in 2021 as brands seek to capitalize on the surging opportunity to market “in the moment” to thousands of mobile users.
While solutions that rely solely on traditional geofencing are imprecise, Skyhook Context provides — at enterprise scale — advanced venue detection capabilities to identify a store’s unique identity, enabling you to capture the exact moment a user enters a location.
This is a new level of accuracy allowing brands to confidently verify a user’s precise location, collect valuable user insights, and instantly trigger messages to the user’s smartphone.
Skyhook Context allows retail, loyalty, and payment brands/apps to:
- Drive local foot traffic to a specific store (even within a mall) and confirm with confidence when users are visiting a location or venue
- Identify loyal customers and reward them with relevant offers, increasing engagement
- Strategically promote personalized deals & offers based on customer behavior and location
- Create seamless experiences by triggering mobile payment workflows at the checkout counter
- Measure consumer loyalty by comparing foot traffic against competitors
- Access cross-channel intelligence to fuel mobile marketing initiatives
“Our mission with the Context 2.0 release is to equip brands with the insights they need to build superior customer relationships,” said David Bairstow, VP Product Management at Skyhook. “At Skyhook, we continue to leverage our expertise in mobile device location, to bring innovative solutions to our customers– extracting powerful insights and monetization opportunities from mobile location data.”
You can download the Skyhook Context white paper here.